25 October 2013

Review: Coloressence Shimmer Highlighter in Silver SS-1


I've  often come across many shimmer highlighters and powders whenever I've  perused makeup studios and beauty shops but was never really drawn to it. I felt it was basically a useless buy as I could never see much use for it. It felt too sheer and well 'un- pigmented' lol. However, my opinion of shimmers have drastically changed ever since I saw a makeup video tutorial that used the Make-up Atelier Paris shimmer as an eyeshadow with no base color at all. Wow....what an effect....I was awe -struck with the outcome and just HAD to get my hands on some shimmer...any shimmer...and I have not been disappointed.

I ended up purchasing the Coloressence Shimmer Highlighter in Silver. I dappled around with it and found that for the price that I had paid, I couldn't really find any fault with the product.


The Price: R100 for a 3g jar

The Packaging


Comes with a removable dispenser cap

It comes in Coloressence's signature packaging...a black outer box with the brand name in Silver. The container itself is a round cute lightweight plastic tub which is very user friendly and as I am constantly dropping my makeup around, I am loving this tub as it will take quite a bit of knocking around before it gives way.

Once the screw on/ off lid is removed, it has a neat dispenser cap which allows for easier control on the amount of product you would want to dispense. This also serves as a hygiene control measure as you don't have to dab your brush into the entire content of the container. If you find this as a hindrance, it can be easily removed and replaced.

The Product Itself & What I Thought of It....


Even the camera captures how light and silky this shimmer is.

  • The shimmer is made up of fine micronized pigments to give you any look an accentuated glow.
  • There is a GENEROUS amount of product which should last you a very long time. 
  • The texture and consistency formulation of the shimmer is a loose snow-white, super fine pigment powder that resembles flakes of crumbling stars or crumbled snow flakes.
  • I was impressed by its incredibly soft and silky feel which could be applied sheer for an illuminating glow or a pigmented, dramatic eyeshadow application. 
  • Comes in 3 shades- Silver(SS-1), Gold(SS-2) and Bronze(SS-3)

Uses

Swatched directly onto skin with no base color.

  • This highlighter is not restricted to use only on the body as a body shimmer. Due to its build-able property, it works exceptionally well as an eyeshadow too.
  • It is perfect for use on the inner corner of your eyes to open up the eye area or to give the illusion of wider set eyes.
  • It is not heavy and could also be used as a highlighter for contouring and on the arch of the brow bone.
  • When used with a mixing medium, you could apply it as a shimmery eyeliner.
  • Use over your lipstick or lip gloss to add sex appeal to that pout.
  • Above your blusher to catch the light just above your cheekbone.
Overall, this is a soft, shimmery powder that has the perfect combination of sheer and pigment to give any look a radiant, sophisticated glow. 

Rating

I would give this an overall rating of 9.5 out of 10. This product has really impressed me and would certainly buy it again once I have finished off this bottle.







No comments:

Post a Comment