21 November 2013

Review: Catrice Eyeshadows(420- Talk Like an Egyptian, 640- Don't Touch my Mosserati)



I've always been an eyeshadow gal and I can never resist the temptation to buy when I come across a good brand that offers quality and affordability. I usually end up with many similar shades of eyeshadows made by different companies simply because I just cannot resist them. Tempting my weak sense of makeup willpower is another brand that I have recently discovered- CATRICE. Catrice is the 'sister' brand of Essence which was launched by ex Miss South Africa Cindy Nel and her husband Clive Roberts. Now Essence has been a hit ever since it was launched here in 2009 and I can see that Catrice is going to be giving it some stiff competition. Both products are European brands and we can all breathe a sigh of relief as that eliminates the 'made in China' phobias.

Like Essence, Catrice offers an extensive range of makeup products which are priced well below the budget of the average buyer. It's a very trend focused brand that revises their range every 6 months and releases one trend edition every month to keep up with the ever changing trends. Once a color is taken off the shelf, the chances of a reappearance is very slim- so if you see something that you are super impressed with, purchase backups upon backups as you may never be able to set your hands on it again- and with their crazy low prices, you certainly will be able to afford many backup purchases for future use, lol. Their products are of premium quality and are not tested on animals.

I purchased 2 of their eyeshadows a week ago despite me having so many of those colors already in my collection.





The Price:  R34.95 for 2gr and it has a shelf life of 24 months

The Product
  • 420- Talk Like An Egyptian: which is a pearly beige gold color. It feels a bit sheer but when packed on with a brush, has good color payoff. It's excellent for creating a shimmery, luminescent sheen on the eyelid and can be paired beautifully with almost any other color. It's perfect to use as a highlighter on the brow one and on the inner 1/3rd of the eye.
  • 640- Don't Touch My Mosserati: this is a rich dark green with shimmery gold specks. It picks up effortlessly and applies like heaven. Once it's packed on, the gold specks even out leaving you with an intense pearly green color with a goldish undertone that dances in the moving light. It kind of reminds me of the 'mother of Pearl' effect without the multi colored hue.


Swatches




Pros
  • I love the packaging- very elegant looking. The eyeshadows come in a transparent case without any distractions of labels and images allowing you to appreciate the color the minute you lay your eyes on them and without you having to open it.
  • It has a luxurious, soft, velvety feel to your touch.
  • A firm, single swipe is all it takes to pack on the color.
  • It is extremely blend-able and lasts the whole day with an eyeshadow primer.
  • It is intensely pigmented.
  • It is very affordable- the price is definitely not an indication of its quality.




Cons
  • There is heavy shimmer fall out from the gold shadow- which I couldn't remove as I had already applied my foundation. Although on the lid, I loved the shimmery effect, under the eye area, it was a nightmare. To overcome this, apply a thick layer of powder under the eyes and once you are done, use a fan brush to clean up. Leave foundation application for after applying the eyeshadow.
  • Be wary...u might develop a strong addiction!!! They've got me addicted and I can't help purchasing LOTS more from their product range...







No comments:

Post a Comment