13 December 2013

Review: Mac Mineralize Blush Fad-Dabulous


Am I on a roll or what?? This week has been a week for reviews, reviews and more reviews. Thanks to the many Christmas vouchers that I have received, my makeup collection has literally grown by the day. This is my second blush review that I've ever done- I get so caught up with eyeshadows that I barely reserve time for other makeup products.



Mac Mineralize Blush- Fad-Dabulous


I had purchased this blush a while back and had even used it a few times but it failed to impress me to a point where I'd label it as one of my favorites. It's an ok overall performer but I find that it just does not give me the outcome that I've come to expect of Mac blushes- probably due to its mineralized nature.



Notice the peachy/brown colors with the fine shimmery gold specks.



The color can be described as a very warm, neutral brown which when swatched or applied has a peachy pink undertone. I know- it sounds like it has too many colors all infused in one. It is also marbled with fine reflective gold shimmer. I've read many reviews where people complained that the shimmer was very overpowering but I honestly don't believe so. I feel it gives you the perfect amount of sheen and glow perfect for day use. Some may differ with my opinion and would prefer to use it at night but I find that although the shimmer in it may make it perfect for evening use, the blended color is not intense enough to be used at night. It truly is a dream to blend but I feel that there is way too much fallout. You have to make sure you tap out excess product each time you pick up the product. It's staying power is commendable and when it does start to fade, it does not become patchy. It is almost half the normal amount of other Mac blushes- 3.2gr compared to the regular 6gr.

It's quite nicely pigmented and would be good to use to complete any neutral look- so if you are a fan of neutral shades then this is a blush you should really consider getting. In the mean time, I will be giving Fad-Dabulous  another chance to work its charm on me....

My overall rating would be a 4 maybe 4.2 out of 5.

Did you like what Fad-Dabulous did for you??? Share your experience with us....we'd love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment