16 September 2013

Review: Essence Stay All Day

Less money, more makeup...!


We often judge makeup by their brand popularity and their price tags. In sure that we've all had some experience where we've broken the bank to invest in a single piece of makeup only to come home and realize that the product turns out to be a complete and total dud. Top rated eyeshadows range anything from and above R190.00. If you are like me, then you've definitely splurged well over R300.00 for a single eyeshade which turned out to be an absolute beauty buy bust. Lesson learnt, I now know never to judge products by its price tag. Apart from that, we all now-a-days cannot afford to be lavish with our hard earned money. There are many quality products that is being introduced into the South African market making it accessible to everyone as it can fit even into the tightest of budgets.

I accidentally came across one such product yesterday whilst browsing at my local Clicks store. I found myself swatching one product after another from this brand and left there with my hand looking like I was in a pre-scholar who was just introduced to painting.

The brand I am raving about is called ESSENCE. Most of us will be unfamiliar with this products but after much research last night, I  learnt that it is a European brand that has hit over 50 countries including U.S.A and Switzerland. Its manufactured in Germany. They pride themselves in keeping up with the latest makeup trends and their products include eyeshadows, mascara, nail polish and liners to name a few. And, and, and...what's even greater is that their prices start as low as R30.00.

I couldn't help but grab a few items that impressed me and with what I have swatched, I have no regrets and feel that some of their products could give some high end makeup brands a run for their money.

I will be reviewing more of their products, so keep watching this blog if you want to learn of other quality makeup at affordable prices.

Today, I review ESSENCE'S creme eyeshadow from the STAY ALL DAY range in No 08.



Thicker swatch is product applied alone as eyeshadow & Thinner swatch is used as a base with a  lilac pigment.


PROS....

*What initially attracted me to this eyeshadow was its pearly, dazzley effect that it has as I twisted and moved it around. I found that true to the range name, it certainly was long lasting and stayed put for over 5 hours. It  could be used alone as a creme eyeshadow and still have super color pay off or  as a base which serves a dual purpose of allowing your dry shadow to last all day AND also intensifying its color as can be seen in in picture above. After leaving it on for over 5 hours, I literally had to use a sponge and soap to scrub it off.

*It has a soft, silky feel and texture.

*It only costs R31.00 and you will certainly get many, many uses out of it- so it's definitely worth the buy.


CONS....

*The packaging is not that great and looks like its meant to target teens but their products ARE suitable for all age groups.

*Can get a bit lumpy if not applied evenly.



All in all I feel that this is certainly a must try and would rate it an absolute 8 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment