19 September 2013

Review: Inglot Eyeshadows DS#491, #492, #493, Pearl #415


Recently at our free standing Inglot store, I noticed that they had a few items that were reduced by more than 50%. I often walked right past it for fear of purchasing something that I didn't really need. Well, what do you know....I gave in to temptation yesterday and decided to check out their discounted items. I managed to pick up a few colors that was absent in my collection and I must say that I am glad I made those purchases. I picked up 4 full eyeshadows at a ridiculous price of R45 per shadow(toothy grin...). Inglot has discontinued their round eyeshadows for a square look. The consistency and quality of both remain the same- the only thing that has changed, is the packaging.

Inglot shadows come in 4 different textures and are labelled accordingly with a shadow number.

Matt- this is a flat finish that has no shine, sparkle or shimmer
Pearl- this finish is more pigmented and has a satin, frosty finish
DS(Double Sparkle)- a Matt based shadow with a hint of reflective sparkles or fine glitter
AMC(Advanced Makeup Component)- semi- Matt finish with some sparkle and a bit less glitter than the DS shadows
AMC Shine- this is a highly pigmented, pearl, frost, satin finish shadow



To see a look created using the shades of purple, click here




DS#493- is a sparkly matt, light mauve, lilac color that has a hint of lavender to it.
DS#492- is also a matt, sparkly pinkish, purple color but quite different from #493 when placed on
                skin.
I found that #492 & 493, when used without a base was a bit too sheer and lacked the vibrance that I expect from an eyeshadow. But this was easily overcome when I paired it off with my NYX jumbo pencil in MILK as a base.
DS#493- is a deep purple color that has an underlying black hue, perfect for creating a
                purple smokey look.
Pearl#415- I almost didn't get this one as I was a bit unsure of the color when applied. I am glad I
                    didnt leave it behind as it is the most gorgeous blue and when used over a black base,
                    has a slight blue green hue which makes it such an attractive color.

From the 4 colors that I bought, my favorites are the 491 & 415. I can see myself making good use of these colors. I did however find them to be a bit powdery but nothing that a little tap on the side of your container can't sort out. With a base, you will get at least 5-8hrs of use. They are extremely blendable and for me, at R45 a piece, I'm prepared to overlook the ever so slight fall out that one may experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment